Oatmeal and Raisin Smoothie
The classic oatmeal and raisin combination is a world favorite when it comes to the world of cookies. In a previous edition of our blog we have already presented to you the recipe for the iconic oatmeal and raisin cookie. In this edition of out blog, we present to you the same combination with a twist. Oatmeal and raisins, tastefully blended with select spices into a smoothie.
Strict vegans may opt for soy milk, which has its own delightfully acquired taste. Our recommendation however, for this preparation is full fat milk, topped with fresh cream.
This is a protein rich drink, rich in dietary fibers, apt for an on the move, rush hour morning snack. Just throw in the ingredients and blend to a smooth consistency and you can have your favorite smoothie of the day, every day - as simple as it could ever get.
Keeping health factors in mind, we try to use as much of organic sweeteners - unless it is a confectionery recipe which requires a necessary addition of sugar. A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg are the choice of the spices for this combination. Over a period of time, cinnamon and nutmeg has become a favorite combination for our foodie minds at Prakrti Produce. When added in optimal proportions, they impart an accentuated, earthen sweetness - a selectively acquired taste.
Prakrti Products Online Store
Raisins have been a top of the priority list ever since their inclusion into our inventory some time back.
Browse through our collection of raisins at Prakrti Online Store.
The varities of raisins available include;
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
Oatmeal and Raisin Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh, full fat milk
- 1 large overripe, frozenbanana, peeled and fine sliced
- 3 tablespoon of regularoats
- 2 tablespoonfresh raisins of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine groundcinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine ground nutmeg
- Whipped fresh cream to top your smoothie
Procedure for Preparation
- Add all the ingredients, except the whipped cream into a blender.
- Freezing the banana dehydrates the fruit thus making it more sweet. Do not expose the frozen banana to the atmosphere as it would absorb moisture from the environment.
- Blend thoroughly until the mix attains a smooth and rich consistency.
- Serve topped with fresh cream.
Prakrti Blog -Tips and Recipe