Omurice - Rice Omelette from Japan
Omurice belongs to yōshoku cuisine, which is in fact, Japanese food drawing influence from the west. It is a wholesome omelette, stuffed with fried rice. The preparation is believed to have originated in the beginning of 20th century at a western style restaurant in Tokyo. In the years to come omurice would integrate itself in the cuisine of Korea, and Taiwan. Often topped with ketchup, the preparation is extremely popular in among kids. Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Omurice - Recipe
- 1 medium sized onion, fine chopped
- 1 chicken thigh, skinless and boneless, chopped into 0.5” cubes
- 3 to 4 spoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cup of assorted, chopped vegetables. (carrots, beans, green peas, corn etc)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice, preferably Japanese short grain
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Ingredients Required for Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 6 tablespoon cheddar cheese
Procedure of Preparation
- In a frying pan, saute the onions with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chicken and saute until it just begins to get cooked.
- Add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice, ensure that the rice is not formed into lumps.
- Mix in ketchup and soy sauce. Cook with constant stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Keep the fried, chicken rice aside.
- Wipe the frying pan clean.
- Whisk together 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Make one omelette at a time. Cook both sides.
- A about 2 spoon fulls of of the fried rice on the omelette
- Fold the omelette from both sides.
- Secure the omurice, serve with seam side down.
- Garnish with ketchup
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe