Paav Bhaaji - Prakrti Blog - Indian Street Food
Pav bhaji is a popular Indian street food, consisting of a veggie curry of thick drippy consistency, called the bhaaji, served with butter toasted buns, called pav.
The origin of the dish could be traced back to the 1850’s in the city of Bombay. The dish was invented as a quick lunch for mill workers. There has no looking back since then pav bhaji. Read ahead for the recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Paav Bhaaji Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 large sized onion, fine chopped
- 5 inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized capsicum, fine chopped
- 2 large plump tomatoes, fine chopped
- 1 large green chili, fine chopped
- 200 grams of boiled carrots, cauliflower and fresh green beans
- 200 grams of boiled potatoes
- 100 grams of green peas
- 4 teaspoons of Pav Bhajji Masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pav Bhaaji buns
Procedure of Preparation
Heat cooking oil in the frying pan.
Add chopped onions, minced ginger and garlic, and fine chopped chilies. Cook until the onions turn golden brown.
Stir in the boiled veggies
Add powdered spices and mix well.(pav bhaji masala, turmeric and chili powder)
Add tomatoes and capsicum. Add salt and water. Cook with constant stirring for the about 4 to 5 minutes.
Mash the vegetables into a coarse pulp.
Top lemon juice, and serve with butter toasted buns, and an onion salad.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe