Pisang Goreng - Banana Fritters from Indonesia
Pisang Goreng is a south east Asian version of deep fried banana fritters, eaten as a snack through out the day in a number of countries of the region. While street vendors may sell the preparation only with a drizzle of a typical rum sauce, some sophisticated restaurants may serve the same preparation with a host of accompaniments like jam, cheese and the likes.
The preparation was first introduced in the region by the Portuguese, for whom banana fritters was a staple breakfast. In different countries in the region, you may come across subtle variations of the same preparation, which have their typical regional names.
In this edition of our daily publication, we bring for the preparation as it is known and served in the streets of Indonesia. Read ahead and discover for yourself the recipe for Pisang Goreng.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Pisang Goreng - Recipe
- 200 grams of all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 whole egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe and bananas peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon dark rum
Procedure of Preparation
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in the beaten egg, add water and mix thoroughly. Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes.
- Gently dip the halved bananas into the batter and deep fry them, on a high flame for about 3 minutes, until the outer covering turns into a rich golden brown.
- Remove the bananas, drain the excessive oil and keep aside.
- In the mean time, on a low flame, in a saucepan mix in the cream, butter and brown sugar. Cook with constant stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add rum and mix thoroughly. Make sure that the sauce is not brought to a boil.
- Serve while the fritters are still hot. Top with a drizzle of the rum and cream sauce.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe