The cashew nut could be found hanging beneath the fleshy, juicy, slightly acidic cashew pear. The pear which acts as the stalk to the nut is extensively used for the production of concentrates, syrups, juice and alcohol.
The nuts is a popular snack in its own capacity, boosted with a host of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. You could have them roasted, tossed, baked or fresh. You may choose to add some little seasoning or glaze or just choose to chew down a quarter pound pack. The nutrients of the nuts are all there for the grab.
The cashew nut is also a popular ingredient, with its characteristic taste. In this issue of our daily publication at Prakrti Blog, we bring to the recipe for Crisp fried chicken with tossed vegetables and whole Cashew nuts. The stir fried cashews is a popular element which provides the crunch to a number dishes in Asian cuisines.
Fried Chicken, Vegetables and Cashew Nuts
For Crispy Chicken
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 500 grams of chicken breast pieces cut into fillets
- 200 ml of vegetable oil
- Sea salt to taste
For Tossed Vegetables and Cashews
- 1 whole onion sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoon ml chicken stalk
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 100 grams roasted cashew nuts
- Ground black peppercorns
- Sea salt to taste
- Steamed rice to serve
Procedure for Preparation
- For preparing the chicken break the eggs in the bowl, mix it in with the corn flour, sea salt. Whisk until an uniform consistency is achieved.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the mix and coat them thoroughly with the same.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken both sides on a low flame, until it has completely turned golden brown. Drain the excessive oil from the chicken pieces by keeping them on an absorbent.
- For preparing the tossed vegetables and cashew nuts, to the hot oil add the onions and stir fry them till they begin to turn brown.
- Add the peppers and fry them until they begin to turn soft.
- Add the chicken and toss it up
- Add the chicken stock and soy sauce and let the preparation simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spring onions and nuts and further cook for a minute.
- Transfer to the serving dish and serve with hot steamed rice.
Prakrti Online Store
Buy from - Our Range of Whole Spices