This recipe for cinnamon and Zucchini cake is a subtle variation to your regular carrot and beet-root cake. It brings in the freshness of zucchini in combination with the sweet sting of cinnamon. You could add some fresh grapes to build on the freshness of the zucchini. You may also add some walnut in order to give your cake that crunchy, nutty bite.
Zucchini is excellent for your heart as is contains minimum amounts of proteins, saturated fats, dietary fiber, sodium and carbohydrates. Moreover it is a nutrition rich vegetable which is boosted with vitamins C, B6 and K, Manganese, Potassium, riboflavin and folates. Cinnamon on its part is rich in Potassium, Magnesium, iron, Calcium and Vitamins C and B6.
As healthy a snack that this cinnamon and zucchini cake is going to be. It would as much satiate your sweet tooth in the form of a lip smacking delicacy. Read on ahead about the recipe for cinnamon and zucchini cake.
Ingredients for Cinnamon and Zucchini Cake:
- 300 grams or one cup of all-purpose flour
- 100 grams of refined and granulated sugar
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- Half teaspoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of coarse grounded cinnamon
- One teaspoon of dried and grounded pumpkin seeds
- A pinch of salt
- 50 grams of raisins or fresh grapes
- 50 grams of walnut chopped into pieces
- One zucchini grated which may be from small to medium in size
- 50 grams of yogurt
- Four tablespoons of canola oil
- Four tablespoons fresh milk
- One-fourth of a teaspoon full of apple cider vinegar
The mentioned quantities shall serve two persons and the cooking time is approximately forty minutes..
You may choose to finish the cake with a overlaying glaze. Read on about the ingredients needed for the glaze.
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Icing sugar according to taste
Procedure for Making Cinnamon and Zucchini Cake:
- The oven needs to be preheated to 350°F.
- Oil brush two small cake pans. Subsequently add a drizzle of flour before setting them aside.
- Add together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin seeds. Mix them well in a bowl
- In another bowl mix well the grated zucchini, yogurt, canola oil and fresh milk
- Mix together the ingredients of the two bowl until the flour is made into thick and smooth consistency.
- Gently add the walnuts and resins from the top
- Evenly spread out the mixture with a spoon in the previously oiled cake pans. Bake for about half an hour.
- Let the pans cool for about ten minutes before removing the cakes from the pans.
- In a small bowl mix together the icing sugar and the yogurt left aside for the glaze. Whisk the mixture into a smooth and even consistency.
- Brush the cake with the glaze before serving them.
Also Read: The Goodness of Cinnamon