Roasted Cauliflower Steak
A steak is conventionally a meat preparation, wherein the meat is cut along the muscle fibers. In this preparation, instead of the muscle fibers of the meat, we use the core of the cauliflower which structurally hold the florets of the cauliflower together.
Cutting along the core of the cauliflower, we have get the steak pieces for this vegetarian delight. The pieces are generously rubbed with a spice and herb mix soaked in olive oil. The steaks are roasted and served with mean barbecue sauce. Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Roasted Cauliflower Steak - Recipe
For Grilled Cauliflower
One head of fresh cauliflower
3 large cloves of garlic crushed
Fresh ground pepper
Salt as per taste
Italian herb mix
Fresh thyme fine chopped
For Barbecue Sauce
250 ml of ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 teaspoon molasses
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Procedure of Preparation
Preheat the oven at
- Preheat the ovenS at 200°C.. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and leave the core intact.
- Keeping the core side down on a cutting table, use a large knife to cut the steak pieces. Each steak piece should have about half inch of thickness.
- Place the steak pieces on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the olive oil with minced garlic, Italian herbs, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Brush generous amounts of the mix on both sides of the cauliflower.
- Roast the cauliflower for about 20 minutes until they are completely cooked. Flip the steaks at half time.
- Transfer each steak piece onto serving plates. Top it with fresh thyme.
- To prepare the barbecue sauce whisk all the mentioned ingredients into a smooth consistency.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks with barbecue sauce.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe