This salad is, often served in certain variations is a popular spring recipe in western cuisines. This is because of the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables during the season.
This salad is a unique mix of elements which are fresh, nutritious and possess their distinct taste. The piquant burning taste of the radish is further accentuated by the crunchy freshness contained in celery and lettuce. Further the tangy sweetness of the apples provides the perfect acidic balance to the preparation, bringing in a complex completion of sorts in the matter of taste.
Read on ahead and discover for yourself this amazing salad recipe of apple, radish and chicken.
Prakrti Online Store
Buy export quality WholeSpices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest Green Tea, and Jumbo Cashew Nuts
You can also find us at Amazon India
Spring Recipe - Chicken Salad with Radish and Apple
Spring Salad - Chicken, Apple and Radish
- 1 full boneless, chick breast piece without skin
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2-3 large to medium radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh celery stalk coarsely diced
- 1 medium sized green apple, preferably green apple - cut into thin slices
- 2 spring onions coarsely diced
- 2 large pieces of lettuce
- salt and pepper according to taste
Procedure of Preparation
- In order to go ahead with the preparation fill up a pot with about 1/2 liters of water and bring to a boil on high flame.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Add the chicken breast and subsequently reduce the heat.
- Let it cook on low flame for about 10 minutes until the meat turns white.
- Once cooked put the chicken out and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cut the chicken into small shreds.
- In a separate bowl mix the fresh cream and the mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper according to your preferred taste.
- Whisk the mix thoroughly until it assumes a uniform composition and consistency.
- Add the chicken and toss it around so that it is thoroughly coated in the mixture.
- Further add the chopped radish, celery, apple and spring onion.
- Serve on a whole piece of fresh lettuce.