Spaghetti Bolognese gets its name from the Bolognese sauce which is a meat based sauce that finds its origin in Bologna Italy, which is the capital of Emilia-Romagna; located in northern Italy to the east of the Apennines.
In the Italian language the sauce is known as ragu alla bolognese, ragu bolognese or ragu. Internationally the Bolognese sauce is a tomato based sauce which contains minced meat, wine and more of tomato concentrate. Read ahead for our version of spaghetti Bolognese.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 rashers or slices of bacon fine diced
- 2 medium to large onions fine chopped
- 2 medium, fresh carrots washed, peeled fine chopped
- 2 sticks of celery fine chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary greens picked and fine chopped
- 200 grams of mushrooms fine sliced
- 500 grams of fine minced mutton
Ingredients required for the Bolognese Sauce
- 1 kilogram ripe tomatoes fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 medium dry bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 stock cube
- 100ml red wine
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 red chilli fine chopped, seeded optional
- 100 grams grated parmesan
- 500 grams spaghetti
- Fresh bread - Optional
Procedure of Preparation
- Fry the bacon in olive oil over a medium heat. Make sure that the bacon turns golden brown and crispy.
- Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and greens(celery and rosemary). Cook over a low flame until the veggies are cooked.
- Add the meat and saute over a medium flame until the meat is overall caramelized.
- Add the fresh, ripe tomatoes, tomato puree, cherry tomatoes, stock cube, wine, oregano, basil, bay leaves and chilli.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and cook under a lid, over a low flame for an hour and more. The texture of the resulting sauce will be rich and of a thick consistency.
- When the Bolognese sauce is ready then cook the spaghetti according to the instruction written on the pack. Drain the water and stir the spaghetti into the Bolognese sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan and fresh bread.
PrakrtiBlog -Tips and Recipe