Spice up Your Tea on a Boring Afternoons
A pot of boiling water and a tea-spoon full of cured Camellia Sinensis leaves. The drink which quite literally named your tea-spoon. It is the among the most popular drinks in the world, coming second only to water. A simple concoction of the tea leaves has a taste which predominantly tends towards bitterness. Depending on the curing of the leaves, it sometimes may have a sweet aftertaste.
Caffeine constitutes about 3% by dry-weight of tea. Among other minerals, it is specially rich in manganese. Tea contains a wide variety of poly-phenols, among which is flavonoid, a highly essential compound required during pregnancy. It is in fact the large number of poly-phenols present in tea, which provides it with a slight astringent taste.
With such nutritional credentials to boast about, a cup of tea is all you need for a boring weekday afternoon. You have to be at your desk, and the all familiar feeling of drowsiness is heavy upon you. This drink is for those, for whom tea is a necessary part of their lifestyle. A thoughtful selection of some spices and herbs, and your afternoon ready tea bag.
Read on ahead and get the combination right.
Prakrti Blog - Online Store
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest GreenTea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
Spices and Herbs in your Cup of Tea
- 1 pot boiling water
- 2 teabags
- 2-3 fresh tulsi leaves
- 2 whole cloves coarsely ground in a mortar
- 1/2 inch cinnamon coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon mace trimmings
Procedure for Preparation
- Coarse grind the spices in the mortar. The cinnamon and mace combination plays together as a natural sweetener.
- Slightly muddle the fresh tulsi leaves before you add them to boiling water.
- Add all the ingredients except the tea bags into the pot of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and let it simmer over a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Switch off the source of heat and sieve the concoction into 2 cups.
- Add the tea bags and serve warm.
- This anti-oxidants rich brew, infused with the choicest spices and herbs, instantly reduces stress levels in your body, and besides is a taste to savor.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe