The antibiotic properties of turmeric are best realized by the body when consumed with the wholesome nourishment of milk. The original turmeric milk finds mention in Ayurveda and is a popular remedy for a host of inflammations contracted by the body. In the evolving Indian culture it is still considered an overnight cure for minor ailments.
We however take our indulgence a step further. Bringing the haldi doodh from the sickbed to the serving trays. You may spice up the turmeric milk for a mild after-taste to get an explosion of textured flavor. Read on ahead about the recipe of this popular beverage, served with a classic twist.
Prakrti Online Store
Check at our collection of Whole Spices.
Choose from Our Range-
Spiced Warm Milk Recipe
- 200 ml whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 medium sized cinnamon stick, coarsely ground
- 1 pod of green cardamom
- 4-6 whole peppercorn
- 2-4 whole cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- Organic sweetener
Procedure of Preparation
- Mix 200ml of milk with 50ml of water and put it on boil.
- Add the sweetener so that it gets mixed in thoroughly in the warm milk.
- Coarsely ground the spices in a mortar.
- Cinnamon, cardamom and star anise are sweet spices while cloves and peppercorn are characteristically hot spices.
- You may experiment with a combination of spices or use them as standalone flavors for the milk.
- Turmeric with its earthly bland taste has a stabilizing effect on the final taste of the beverage.
- Once the milk is lukewarm add the spices.
- Once the milk comes to a boil then reduce the flame and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.