Steak with Chimichurri Sauce - Prakrti Blog - South American Cuisine
Chimichurri is a South American preparation of sauce, served particularly with grilled meat, and consists of raw ingredients.
The sauce finds its origin in Argentina and Uruguay. It comes in a green and red version, which are respectively known as chimichurri verde and chimichurri rojo. Parsley, oregano, garlic, red vinegar and chili flakes among others constitutes the principal ingredients of the preparation. Read ahead for the complete preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Steak with Chimichurri Sauce - Recipe
- Handful of fresh parsley, fine chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon of flaked chilies
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 - sirloin steaks
Procedure of Preparation
- The first step involves the preparation of the chimichurri sauce.
- Add the herbs, shallots, garlic and chili flakes into a food processor.
- Give the ingredients a quick blend, in order to prepare a coarse mix.
- Mix in olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice. Season well.
- Blend thoroughly into the uniform consistency of sauce.
- Rub the steak pieces with seasoning and a drizzle of oil.
- Cook the steaks on a non-stick frying pan. Make sure that the pieces are thoroughly cooked.
- Let the steaks rest for some time, before serving hot with spoon fulls of sauce.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe