Stir Fry Vegetables with Indian 5 Spices
As the season for fresh, organic vegetables comes knocking at our doorstep, it is only wise to answer the call and get ourselves some healthy veggies. You might just feel too lazy or bored of the family recipe that you have been eating since you were still growing up.
Stir fry is the modern man return to the basics. Exhaustive yet hassle free, enriching yet inconsequentially time consuming.
Adding the 5 spices to your preparation will give to your culinary arsenal a traditional Indian flavor. The mellow taste of the 5 spices blends in perfectly with the fresh flavors of the vegetables in season. Tuck in on your minerals and vitamins. Share the goodness with your friends and family. Show off some cooking knowledge.
You might as well make a very own, mix of the day, Indian 5 spices. It humbly consists of the seeds of cumin, fennel, mustard, fenugreek and nigella seeds or kalonji, or simply black cumin. Read ahead for the recipe.
Prakrti Online Store
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest Green Tea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
Stir Fried Vegetables with traditional Indian 5 Spice Recipe
- 5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, fine sliced
- Green beans medium sized, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup chopped baby corn
- 1 cup edible mushrooms, chopped in halves
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon whole India 5 spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Indian 5 spice mix powder
- 6 cloves of whole garlic
- Salt to taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Put a large pot of water to boil. Once the water begins to boil add the vegetables except the spinach and garlic.
- Let the vegetables cook in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Immediately remove and wash in cold water. This will retain the crunchy, yet cooked flavor of the fresh vegetables. The whole process is also known as blanching.
- On a frying pan add 3 tablespoon of oil. Add the blanched vegetables and toss it around constantly as they get stir fried for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt and the 5 spice mix powder, keep aside the vegetables.
- On the same pan heat 2 tablespoon oil and add the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the whole spices. Fry until the garlic cloves turn golden. Be careful not to burn the whole spices.
- Top the vegetables with the garlic and whole spices mix. Mix well and serve hot.