The geographical diversity of Sweden brings about a cultural difference. While in the northern part of the country meat is more popular, in the south fresh veggies are consumed more often. Another important aspect of the food of the land, is the influence that it draws from other cultures.
We bring for you the Swedish meatballs. Basic meatballs with a simple sauce. All the right ingredients for a lip smacker. Read ahead for the full recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Swedish Meatballs - Recipe
- 2 slices fresh white bread
- 50 ml of freshmilk
- 4tablespoons clarified butter, or ghee divided
- 1 medium sized onion, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 350 grams of ground chuck
- 350 grams of ground pork
- Yolk from 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 50 grams all purpose flour
- 3 cups of meat stock
- 50 grams of heavy fresh cream
Procedure of Preparation
- Preheat the oven at 100C
- Tear down the pieces of bread and add it in a small mixing bowl with the milk. Keep the bowl aside.
- In a small frying pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter, over a medium flame. Add the onions, followed by a pinch of kosher salt. Saute over a medium flame until the onion is tender. Keep aside.
- In a large blender, add the ground chuck, ground pork, the milk and bread mix, egg yolks, salt, sauteed onions. Blend on low speed for about a couple of minutes.
- Form the meatballs gently using your hands. Carefully keep aside.
- Heat butter in the frying pan over a low to medium flame.
- Fry the meatballs until they turn a rich golden brown color. Make sure that they are cooked on all sides.
- Remove the cooked meatballs and place them on a lined tray. Keep the meatballs in oven for getting warm.
- Once all the meatballs are cooked, reduce the flame to low. Add the flour and stir until it begins to turn brown.
- Slowly add the meat stock, so that the flour does not form lumps. Stir until the sauce begins to become thick. Add cream, and cook with constant stirring, until the required consistency is attained.
- Top the meatballs with the gravy and serve.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe