The Classic Vegan - Cashew Cheese
Cashew cheese is fast developing into an ultra uber lifestyle. It is about a way of life, and talking economics, it works out in your favor. Cashew cheese is a regular commodity on the table of a vegan family. You run out of it, you get new supplies. The recipe of classic cashew cheese is not technically not much apart from the recipe of the traditional hummus or the potato puree.
In our daily blog, we aspire to promote the basic tastes of the ingredients so to speak. You can already find our rendition of the traditional potato puree. You can count on us to share the recipe of the classical hummus some day soon.
We do not have strict vegan views, we intend to incorporate the best of each world. Read ahead about the classic cashew cheese. It incorporates the use of nutritional yeast, which is a form of dormant yeast which is commercially sold as a food product. It is considerably rich in vitamins, significant among which is the B complex group. In the vegan way of life, nutritional yeast is the staple substitute for yeast. The recipe also implements the use of agar agar, a fungal extract which is commonly used to make gels and mousses. It imparts to the cheese the firm yet soft formation, which makes it possible to grate and cut the cheese into slices. Garlic is also an essential ingredient in the classic cheese recipe. You may however want to stay low on garlic and use it only for a hint of its peppery taste. The ingredients and their composition make this recipe the classic that it is. Read ahead for the entire recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Available at our online store - Jumbo Sized, Fresh Cashew Nuts
Sourced from Kerala.
Buy export quality Whole Spices, Robusta Coffee Beans, assorted Green Coffee Beans, choicest Green Tea, Jumbo Cashew Nuts and a collection of Raisins
You can also find us at Amazon India
- 2 cups fresh cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon agar agar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt according to taste
Procedure of Preparation
- Mix the agar agar powder in half cup water and keep aside.
- The cashews must be soaked overnight, or at least for a few hours. Drain the excess water from the cashews and rinse well.
- Add all the ingredients in a grinding bowl. They must include the soaked, raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, corn starch, lemon juice and salt. Blend thoroughly until the cheese starts to form an uniform consistency.
- Add the agar agar solution to the cashew and mix well.
- Bring the solution to a boil over a low flame.
- Immediately pour the cheese into a suitable cooling bowl.
- Refrigerate for an hour to get your very own, home made, commercial grade, 100% vegan cashew cheese.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe