Tom Yum Goong - Hot and Sour Thai Shrimp Soup
Tom yum goong is a hot and sour shrimp soup, which finds its origin in Thailand, however has gained acceptance the world over.
While Tom in colloquial Thai refers to the boiling process which is used for the preparation of the recipe, while the word yum refers to a Thai sour and spicy salad, which constitutes the principal flavors. Lemongrass and kerffir lime leaves are two typical Thai ingredients which are used in this preparation, which is otherwise is made from everyday ingredients.
Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Tom Yum Goong - Recipe
- Half liter of chicken stock
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, sliced
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 can of straw mushrooms
- Juice from 2 lime
- 500 grams of fresh large shrimps, peeled
- 2 stalks of shallots, peeled
- Fresh cilantro greens, fine chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- In a broad sauce pan, bring the chicken broth to a boil over a medium flame.
- Add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger and chilies Let the ingredients simmer in the broth, over a low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Further add fish sauce, sugar and mushrooms. Let them cook with occasional stirring for about 5 minutes
- Add shrimps and cook for about 10 minutes until they turn pink.
- Turn off the heat. Add lime juice, shallots and cilantro.
- Season as per your taste.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe