Trinidadian Style Chicken
The cuisine of Trinidad and Tobago is influenced by the cuisines from Africa, South America, Britain, Creole, France, India and Spain. With the advent of each civilization in the Caribbean, came the influences in food and culture. The preparation we have for you integrates the basic tastes of caramelized chicken with fine chopped, optimally cooked bok choi.
Sazon seasoning, is a common condiment used in Caribbean cuisine. It principally consists of a ground mix of annatto seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic powder and salt.
Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India. Don’t forget to leave us a review.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep
Trinidadian Style Chicken - Recipe
- 1 kilogram of dressed chicken
- 2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon hot red chili powder
- 1 packet of sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoon of granulated, common sugar
- 3 bok choy stalks, fine chopped
Procedure of Preparation
- Mix together the garlic powder, chili pepper and sazon seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
- Rub the pieces of chicken with this mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan with a lid, over a medium flame.
- Add the sugar, and stir gently, until it begins to melt and caramelizes.
- Add the chicken pieces, mix completely, and cook with the lid closed for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, and cook for another 20 minutes until the juices of the preparation dry up.
- Add the bok choy, and cook until it just begins to wilt.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe