Tuna and Rice Salad
Tuna is a salt water fish that belongs to a sub group in the mackrel family. Tuna salad principally consists of tuna and mayonnaise. The tuna is usually pre-cooked and preserved in spring water or oil. Fresh veggies including bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, olives and an assortment of greens are common ingredients, in different variations of a tuna salad.
The preparation we have for you today includes rice, which makes it all the more wholesome. Moreover the salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, thus making this a useful preparation for busy households. Read ahead for the complete recipe.
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Tuna and Rice Salad - Recipe
- 1 kg in weight of cooked rice
- 400 grams tuna in spring water
- 200 gram fresh green peas, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- 4 spring onions, fine chopped
- Parsley, fine chopped
- 8-10 stoned green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
Procedure of Preparation
- In a large mixing bowl break the cooked rice so that it does bot form large clumps.
- Flake in the tuna. Add the green peas, bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley, spring onions and olives.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season according to taste.
- Your preparation is ready to be served.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe