Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Vietnamese cuisine is recognized for its implementation of fresh ingredients and minimalist approach. The food from Vietnam is considered among the healthiest in the world, and encompasses the five fundamental tastes (hot, sour, salt, bitter and sweet) into its composition.
In this extract, we present to the recipe for the Vietnamese chicken salad.
Characteristic to the culture of the land, which exemplifies balance, the cuisine implements a subtle combination of meat and fresh veggies and greens. The fundamental principle of the cuisine is to influence the 5 senses, and thus establish a relationship between the food and foodie.
Fish sauce and rice vinegar are among the ingredients typical to cuisine, which you may want to stock up. Read ahead and discover for yourself the complete preparation.
Prakrti Products - Online Store
Find us at Amazon India.
Browse through our online store [www.prakrti.co.in/collections/spices] for our collection of choicest spices.
Also find our range of Coffee Tea, Green Coffee, Green Tea and Cashew Nuts.
We provide you with export grade quality at competitive prices, delivered to your doorstep.
Vietnamese Chicken Salad - Recipe
- 2 small onions coarsely chopped
- 1 conserved jalapeno coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 50 mil rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 500 grams skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fine shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro greens
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Kosher salt
Procedure of Preparation
- Add the chopped onions, jalapeno and sugar to a mortar. Crush the ingredients with a pestle into a fine paste. Transfer them to a mixing bowl. Further add fish sauce and rice vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Further add to the mix, shredded cabbage, fine chopped mint and cilantro greens.
- Season the chicken strips with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill the chicken in an oven for about 10 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked. Shred into convenient strips once cooled down.
- Mix chicken with the dressing mix. Mix thoroughly and top with salted peanuts.
- Serve as a standalone preparation, or an accompaniment of choice.
Prakrti Blog - Tips and Recipe